More and more of us are working from home and that means that more of us than ever are in the market for home office lighting.
It is absolutely vital that you get your home office lighting right for many reasons. First, to aid your concentration. Second, to create the right atmosphere to work in. Third, to protect your eyes and your health.
Here are our top tips for home office lighting to make sure that your work space is conducive to productivity and good for your wellbeing.
Top tips for lighting your home office
- Use task lighting and layer your lights by using multiple fittings in order to make sure the room is neither too dark nor too light.
- Aim your lights at your work space but not directly at the computer screen, to avoid glare
- Use wall lights or clip-on table lights if you are short of space, in order to give you enough room to work and avoid hazardous situations.
- Always use energy-efficient lights if possible – you are working to earn money, not throw it away!
- Position your home office lamps on the other side of the desk to the hand you write with to avoid distracting shadows.
You can read more about how to light your workspaces by reading our full home office lighting guide.
At Scotlight Direct we stock a large selection of home office lighting, from desk lamps and wall lamps to ceiling lights and LED candles.
You can view our full range in the Scotlight Direct online superstore.